We are thrilled to present our first collaboration with Heleen Meyer, a well-established independent food consultant. She is passionate about inspiring, encouraging and teaching others about the joys of nutritious food. Celebrate Mother’s Day with these two delectable recipes paired with our Graham Beck Ultra Brut 2017.
Pour yourself an ice-cold glass of Graham Beck Ultra Brut to complement this easy and aromatic marinade with prawns. Serve as a delicious snack or entrée.
60 ml (¼ cup) olive oil
15 ml (1 tbsp) soy sauce
15 ml (1 tbsp) finely grated fresh ginger 10 ml (2 tsp) finely grated lemon rind 1 small red fresh chilli, seeded and finely chopped
15 ml (1 tbsp) chopped fresh coriander
15 ml (1 tbsp) chopped fresh mint leaves 350-400 g large prawn tails, cleaned and deveined
extra lemon rind and fresh coriander leaves to serve
1. Mix the olive oil, soy sauce, ginger, lemon rind, chilli and chopped herbs together in a large glass bowl.
2. Place prawns in the marinade and toss to coat. Allow to marinate for 10 minutes.
3. Preheat a large frying or griddle pan over a medium temperature and pan-fry prawns on both sides until cooked. The prawn shells will turn to a darker pink colour once cooked, but take care that you don’t overcook the prawns.
4. Skewer each prawn onto a small fork or wooden kebab stick and garnish with lemon rind and coriander leaves. Serve with an ice-cold glass of the Graham Beck Ultra Brut 2017.
Crème Fraîche & Blueberry Desserts
A glass of Graham Beck Ultra Brut is perfect to serve as part of a special dessert. These small, creamy and tasty desserts are so good with the zestiness of this Cap Classique.
SERVES:4 - 6 People
1 tub (250 g) crème fraîche (also known as cultured cream) 15 ml (1 tbsp) honey
a good pinch of ground cinnamon (about 0,8 ml)
2,5 ml (½ tsp) finely grated lemon rind
150 g fresh or frozen blueberries extra lemon rind for garnish biscotti to serve
1. Spoon the crème fraîche into a bowl and add the honey, cinnamon and lemon rind. Stir well to mix through.
2. If using frozen blueberries, rinse in cold water and pat dry before use.
3. Dollop spoonfuls of the dairy mixture into 4-6 small glasses and layer the blueberries in between. Repeat with the remaining blueberries and dairy mixture. Refrigerate until ready to serve or serve immediately.
4. Garnish with more berries and lemon rind and serve with biscotti and a glass of
Graham Beck Ultra Brut 2017.